Ancient Medicine for Modern Times
Stone needles date back to the time of Fu Xi in the 29th century BCE. Metal needles replaced stone ones during the Warring States Period (475-221 BCE). After nearly 4,000 years, acupuncture remains one of the most commonly used systems of healing in the world. Today about one-third of the World’s population uses acupuncture as a primary form of medicine.
How it works:
Channels run along fascia lines and contain small energetic points. These points are opened with a fine metal needle so energetic information will be sent electromagnetically throughout the body. This process restores homeostasis and balance while releasing areas of blocked energy and stagnant blood. It promotes circulation, stimulates organ function, influences the body’s biochemical responses via the nervous system and decreases pro-inflammatory markers. It also interrupts pain signaling and therefore serves as a natural analgesic.
Spacious and welcoming, the clinic is a peaceful refuge where every effort has been made to ensure your comfort. Initial appointments include an in depth intake where your health history is reviewed and a diagnosis is made by tongue and pulse. This is followed by an acupuncture treatment and herbal recommendations. This appointment lasts up to 90 minutes. Follow up appointments are one hour.
- Pain Conditions: Musculoskeletal Pain (back, neck, knee, shoulder, elbow, etc.), Arthritis, Migraines, Headaches, Sports Injuries, Fibromyalgia, TMJ, Post-Operative Recovery, Nervous System Disorders.
- Respiratory Disorders: Asthma, Allergies, Sinus Problems.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Food Allergies, Ulcers, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Indigestion, Constipation/Diarrhea.
- Women’s Health: Infertility, PMS, Menstrual Irregularities, Endometriosis, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, Menopause, Hormonal Imbalances, Pregnancy Conditions, Postpartum, Reproductive Disorders.
- Men’s Health: Incontinence, Reproductive Disorders, Prostate Problems.
- Children’s Health: Coughs, Colic, Allergies, ADD/ADHD, Sleep Disorders, Digestive Problems, Fever/Flu/Colds, Stomach Aches/Nausea, Headaches, Bed Wetting.
- Addictions: Smoking, Cravings, Drugs, Alcohol.
- Mental/Emotional: Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sleep Disturbances, Stress.